Once again, my monthly wrap-up post is like 1000 days late, but my life is just crazy, so I hope you guys get used to reading these posts about a week after the new month has started. I don’t know, maybe you’ll like it even better that way..?
stop kidding yourself Mia
Also I apologize for how ugly the post header is, but I had zero time to attempt to make something nice, so please excuse my lack of design skills and patience.
Overall, February was pretty bad – for my reading/blogging/book stuff in general. Life-wise, it was meh. I’ll give you guys a little more detail on just why I’ve been so busy lately, but that’s later in the post. Mostly I’m gonna chalk up my complete failure to the fact that February is the shortest month. Two or three more days obviously would’ve changed everything, right?? Right. Glad we’re on the same page.
Books I Read
Yep. This is it. The one and only. All I managed to finish in the entire month of February. Granted, I’ve been reading Wayfarer (which is a 500+ page novel) for most of the time, but I still have about 200 pages left. Even though it was my one pitiful read for February, Seven Days of You definitely didn’t disappoint! I loved how funny Sophia was, how absolutely cute and lovable Jamie is, and all the complex family relationships. If you want to see my full review, check it out here! It releases in just a few days!
Books I Hauled
From top to bottom
- We Are Okay – speaking of okay, I was way more than just that when I discovered a buy-2-get-1 FREE book sale at Target *insert gasping face.* I obviously had to do it, so hence why this book and two others appear on my list. We Are Okay has also been on my new-release radar for a while; the cover is gorgeous and the story seems very emotionally captivating!
- American Street – I preordered this book way before it released, this story of a Haitian immigrant just seems so relevant and heartfelt. I absolutely can’t wait to devour it, I feel like it might change my perspective in a big, big way.
- Long May She Reign – This is another one of the books I got in the Target sale! It’s a standalone fantasy, which I’ve never read before so I’m really eager to see how I like it.
- Ever the Hunted – honestly, 100% a cover buy (though I got it as part of the Target sale, so at least it wasn’t that expensive). I’ve only heard mediocre things about this book, but the cover is just so freaking gorgeous that I had to buy it. Sue me.
- Empress of a Thousand Skies – I got this in my first ever Fairyloot box!! I won’t say too much more about it, since I *should* be putting up an unboxing post soon. Feel free to join me in praying to the blogging gods that I actually get it done.
- Wintersong – I was SO. EXCITED. to finally get this in the mail the day it came out! I preordered it months ago; the hype was just so real and the premise seems super intriguing. Hopefully I can actually read it soon!
- A Shadow Bright and Burning – I had a coupon, and this had a pretty cover. Deadly combination, am I right?
- The Hate U Give – this was probably my top anticipated release for the month of February (which is saying a lot considering how many there were). THUG is certainly going to be a groundbreaking story, and I truly can’t wait to experience it for myself.
- A Crown of Wishes – In a crazy twist of fate I actually got an ARC of this in the mail! Evidently I had entered and won a giveaway for this a while back, but when it showed up on my doorstep I had completely forgotten. What an amazing surprise!!
- Caraval UK Edition – it’s gorgeous. GORGEOUS, I tell you. The book itself is pretty good too. I obviously needed a second edition right? Obviously.
So are you surprised that my Read list is incredibly short while my Hauled list is incredibly long? Because you really shouldn’t be. I thought I had made my book-buying obsession clear.
Around the Interwebs
Um honestly not much to say in this category? I’ve been doing my usually surfing of Instagram, and neglecting Tumblr. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to post much on Insta because I haven’t taken new photos in quite a long time. But I never fail to waste half my life and three-quarters of my reading time on Twitter.
So while I haven’t had much to talk about with bookish things, I’ve definitely had a ton of other stuff to do in my normal life. As you may or may not know, I’m currently in my second semester of my junior year of high school, which basically means my every waking moment is spent thinking about the SAT, upcoming AP exams, filling requirements, and preparing for college applications. I’m pretty sure it’s the closest I’ve ever come to hell. It’s tedious, time-consuming, and stressful beyond words. In addition to all that, I’ve also been pouring all my energy into my musical theater program, which is currently putting on two different productions (Rent and Noises Off, for any of my theater geeks out there). While I’ve experienced some of the greatest moments of my life and wouldn’t choose to spend the time any other way, it’s certainly been exhausting. I just don’t have time on the weekends (or during the week) to take photos or write blog posts or even read. I’d like to say that’s going to change, but it probably won’t until May, when AP exams and my shows are over.
This month: 1 book read towards my goal of 40
I’m already two books behind :'(
This month: none read towards my goal of 12 (*eternal crying*)
Here’s everything I posted over the course of February! It’s actually not quite as bad as I thought it would be, but still not great.
- January Wrap-Up
- Top Ten Tuesday: Steamy Romances (one of the best posts I’ve written so far, in my opinion)
- Owlcrate Unboxing: January “Classic Remix” (my first unboxing!!)
- Review: Seven Days of You
So there you have it! My month in books. It’s obviously not very impressive, but I have some hope for March (especially since Spring Break will be here – crossing my fingers for a lot of reading time)!